Saturday, July 16, 2011

Skull Shrine

In honor of this passing week I'm paying homage with this skull shrine from Lisa Vollrath, artist, designer and writer from Euless, Texas. She writes, "Here's an assemblage piece I finished this week. It's mostly found objects, in a wood shadow box that's about 10 inches tall."



I found this piece on Lisa's page of shrines with more wonderful commentary. Being from Texas I can totally feel you with your funny heat stroke comment, Lisa. Thanks for the great work and hearty laugh!

Shrines are an excellent way to pay tribute in an artistic way. I want to know who you would build a skull shrine for. One rule though, the Skull Master is too obvious of a choice so he's my nomination.

1 comment:

Dayle Persons said...

I know own this masterpiece.
Thanks Lisa.