Monday, November 28, 2011

[BONUS] 391. Art-o-mat Anniversary Skulls

As part of the original Skull-A-Day project I created a limited edition of shrunken skulls for the 10th Anniversary of the Art-o-mat. This year I was invited to participate in the 10th anniversary celebration of the Art-o-mat's presence in my hometown of Richmond, VA.



This time I created a piece that fits exactly into the cigarette pack sized boxes that the Art-o-mat machines dispense. I molded it out of Sculpey, then had it cast in plaster and hand painted each one. This is an edition of only 20 specifically for the machine that will be at The Visual Arts Center of Richmond.



My work will be featured along 16 other local artists, including both of my parents! If you're in town I highly recommend coming to the opening event this Wednesday night since it will probably be your only chance to get one of these extremely rare pieces.


No comments: